Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I don't remember being this sick until later with my others...

Sugar is bad. Anything sugary makes me sick. Note to self: avoid sweets like the plague. The puking plague. Because it is the puking plague. And I can do without that thankyouverymuch!

I have been puking since my hCG rose enough to show positive on a test- about 4.5 weeks pregnant. I don't remember being queasy enough to actually puke this early with either of my others. With Bug I think I puked 5 times the whole pregnancy (I was queasy all the time the whole 9 months though) and with Chicklet I started out just queasy, and then around... Oh, I think around 10 weeks? I started throwing up more and more, had to be put on anti-nausea meds, lost 30 pounds, bad news. Well this time I was already throwing up 2 weeks ago. I'm almost 7 weeks.

And this morning? I woke up with broken blood vessels galore from cheekbones to eyebrows all around my eyes from last night's heave-fest. I felt like someone had beaten me with a sledge hammer and could hardly get out of bed. Once I did get out of bed I collapsed back into it in exhaustion 4 more times before finally getting up for the day. This does not bode well.

So then tonight we're driving home from returning yet another defunct Christmas toy, hubby pulls into a gas station and when he opens his door to get out, skunk smell from the highway triggers another instant heave fest out the door of the car in the parking lot! Hubby jumps back in the car, I start breathing and heaving into a napkin, and he speeds across town to get me away from the smell so I won't hurl all over the car. I hung my head out the window in the freezing cold air like a dog the whole way across town.

Now, usually my favorite beloved "Morning Wellness Tea" from EarthMamaAngelBaby.com is what I go for to save me from the attack of the upset tummy. But it's kinda hard to make a nice cup of tea while driving, ya know? Or like last night when one minute I'm fine and the next I'm heaving into an empty garbage can because the bathroom is just too far away. I am going to have to start making Morning Wellness Tea popsicles like I had to with my daughter. For those sudden unpleasant barf-attacks.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like each pregnancy really is different! For Gabby I started getting sick around 7 weeks and I was sick for about the next two months. With Avalynn I was not sick at all until around 9 weeks and then it was only a couple of times. She was my easier pregnancy, but she makes up for it now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry to hear this, but the preggie pops sound like a great idea. Hubby sounds like a good man too:)

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments! ♥ Please remember to mind your manners though. ;)