Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"I yie you, Mama!" - Toddler Tales Tuesday

5/9 - 5/12 we were out of town visiting family. That is why no Toddler Tales Tuesday got posted last week - sorry about that! I didn't feel comfortable announcing that we'd be out of town before it happened. Our neighbor spotted a prowler in the yard between our houses the previous week so we've been a bit more cautious than usual lately. ;)

5/13 Put Buggie (1 yr, 9 mnths) to bed and Chicklet (3 yrs, 8 mnths) asked out of the blue if she could go play in the basement. Now, the basement is fully finished and the main room down there is full of the kids' larger toys. I haven't taken the kids down there to play in months because they have toys upstairs too and I just rotate with the ones in the basement when things get boring. So I was kind of caught off guard when she asked to play in the basement, but didn't have a problem with it. Maybe it would keep her busy and quiet until she was tired enough to join her brother. I took her down there and we did a spider-check and turned on all the lights and I went back upstairs to work on laundry from the trip. 20 minutes later she still hadn't surfaced but the sound of her happy humming could be heard from the top of the stairs. I called down to her to ask what she is doing, and she told me she's cooking some yummy food in the toy kitchen. :) She walked to the bottom of the stairs to show me her plastic culinary creations and then dissappeared back around the corner. After a bit, I was in the living room at the computer and I heard her come up the stairs. She walked past me, telling me she's going to bed now, happily blew me a kiss and went to bed. If you know my daughter at all you know bedtime is almost always a big drama production so I sat there with a perplexed look on my face for a good while wondering who was this child and what did she do with my daughter! Lol!

5/14 Went for a drive as a family and at a stop sign on the edge of town, we were next to a home with a nice big peacock pecking around the front yard near the road. I told Chicklet to look out the window and see the big blue peacock! She looked out and I could tell the second her eyes found it because they bugged out in amazement and her mouth hung open! Lol! I really wish I'd had my camera to get a shot of her expression. :) The next morning, 5/15, Chicklet started out the morning by drawing pictures that she informed me were peacocks.

5/17 As I'm typing this up right now for tomorrow, I looked down at Buggie, who is laying on the floor at my feet in a pile of toys, slurping on his sippy cup. I smiled at him, he smiled back. I took some pictures. I told him "I love you!" and he replied, for the first time ever, "I yie you, Mama!" *melt*





-+-+-
If you have a sweet, cute, or funny Toddler (or kid) story, I'd love it if you'd share it! :)
If you would like to post a Toddler Tales Tuesday on your blog, please leave a link to your post in my Linky below, AND post the code for this blog hop in your Toddler Tales Tuesday post! Commenting on at least one of the other linked posts would delight the writer of said post I'm sure - hint hint! ;) The linky will remain open for 2 weeks following the date of this post in case you want to add a post late.
If you don't have a blog or would prefer it, you may share your toddler tales here in the comments.




2 comments:

  1. I have to write up my toddler tales (but I'll call it something else)...how do I link up to the linky? I've never done these before. I know how to add myself to the list, but how do I post it on my own site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was thinking of changing the name to just Tot Tales (not decided yet but was considering it) so that people with younger and older kids don't feel like they can't join in (even though it's always been for any age, it's just that the outrageous things toddlers say are what inspired it in the first place). So if you wanna call it Tot Tales you'll be ahead of everyone else since I haven't changed it yet. ;) Lol!

    I'd be stoked if you join in! :) I'm always thrilled silly when I see that people have commented or linked up to something I posted! :D

    To get the HTML code to add the linky to your post...
    See on the linky where it says "You are next... Click here to enter" ? And underneath that it says "What is a blog hop?" and then under that it says "Get the code here..." Click on "Get the code here..." and it will take you to a page with an html code in a grab box. Highlight and cut that and then paste it at the bottom of your blog post- you have to be in HTML mode when you paste it in or it might scramble. Then publish your post and it should have a linky at the bottom that looks just like all the other participating ones in this hop and has all the same links on it. This way, because we all use the same code, whenever a new person is added to that week's linky, they are added to ALL the linkys. Which I think is totally cool but that might just be my inner nerd coming out... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments! ♥ Please remember to mind your manners though. ;)