Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

If I gain their hearts but loose the war on clutter...

Photobucket
~Mommy Moments Monday~
Lessons learned and memories made.

Last night I should have been making supper. I should have been unloading the clean dishes. I should have been switching my load of laundry to the dryer. I should have been vacuuming the stairs. I should have been sweeping the bathroom. I should have been getting after the kids to pick up their toys.

But I wasn't. I was sitting right here in this chair with some music plaing on my computer, holding my 21 month old son. My sweet little snuggle-Bug. He was drinking his sippy cup and leaning against me contentedly and I was swinging the chair slowly side to side, humming along with the music into his fuzzy hair. I did this for about 20 minutes, just smelling him, enjoying him, cuddling him.

And you know what? I don't feel it was 20 wasted minutes at all. I don't regret not getting half the above list of should haves done until after the kids were in bed, and I don't regret not getting the other half done at all. I don't regret making a less-complicated dinner. I don't regret waking up to a messy bathroom. Because that sweet precious little 21 month old soul snuggled up close to my heart for 20 minutes is worth more than it's weight in gold to me. I hope all my children grow up always knowing how much I love them. If they grow up remembering always having a messy home, but always being loved and knowing what real love means, then it's worth it to me.




(*I have tried off and on to make this a meme but there has been no interest. If you have a precious moment, an ah-ha moment, a juicy piece of advice, or a story or photo that captures the essence of motherhood, and you would like to share it with my readers, please let me know you're interested in getting that meme started back up again! *)

4 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* this post! I struggle with letting housework go in order to just enjoy my kiddos...I've been working at it though, and you're right, I enjoy EVERY minute of my "slack" time :D

    Love your blog...if I could, I'd follow you twice :) loL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Grace! I'm so glad you take the time to stop by my humble blog! I'm always thrilled to see that you've left me a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you tried...I make up meme's and never think to ask others to join in, and I rarely stick with them myself! If I have a cute photo, for example, I write "Friday Photos" and there is no such thing as that meme, lol. Then if I'm in a grateful mood, I write a Thankful Thursday post, which may or may not already exist as a meme.

    Mommy Moments is a great idea...instead of worrying if others join in, you can do as I do, and just write your mommy moments for others to enjoy. A lot of your readers may not even have a blog or kids, but they would love to read those funny or special mommy moments (I love to read stuff like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Penelope! I'm so glad you stopped by! :) I've been doing Mommy Moments on Mondays since... oh I think Sept. of 2009 but I'd have to check to be sure. At first I added a Linky to each one but nobody joined in, so after a while I just added a Linky to every 4th or 5th one or so, and I haven't done one at all in a while so I thought I'd better mention as kind of a post-script that if anyone wants to get it going as a meme just let me know. But I do them really, like you said, just when I have something on my mind regarding one of the many joys and aspects of motherhood, and not so much just so people will join me. Though of course it's always awesome when people participate or comment on my posts. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments! ♥ Please remember to mind your manners though. ;)