Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Recipes for wild game? Please!

If you were noticing the lack of photos recently, my Camera battery died and I couldn't find the charger. I finally found it yesterday and charged it overnight so I am once again armed and dangerous! Lol!! So there will be more pics coming up soon. :)

As some of you have read in my prayer requests in the sidebar, my Nana fell off a stepladder on Labor Day and broke her leg. She was in the hospital and after 3 days of refusing to eat, they put a feeding tube in her. She had alot of swelling so they had her leg in an open topped cast. She was doing physical therapy and they would discharge her when she was able to see to her own basic personal needs again. Then I got an update a few days ago that she was discharged from the hospital and was home. I was supposed to go see her this past weekend but it did not work out for me to go. My husband had offered to help my sister move from near here to my parents house, and I was going to follow in the car to make sure the truck did not break down. It turns out sis was able to fit what was left all in the trailer they rented, and my husband did not need to take a load in his truck after all. So since my husband is going up there for deer/elk season next week, I will just go up there with him then. He will need me to follow in case the truck breaks down anyway. I wish we could go this weekend but gas is too expensive to go 2 weekends in a row - they live on the opposite end of the state! :( So that's what's up with that; I didn't go last weekend but I'm going next weekend. I'm so relieved that Nana is improving! Especially since my visit was delayed. Thank you to all who have prayed for her!

And speaking of my prayer list in the sidebar... My friend is pregnant and they saw a problem on the ultrasound a couple weeks ago. The cord was enlarged in one place. From my understanding, among other posibilities that are nearly as unpleasant, the enlarged place could rupture and the baby would die. They did an amnio on Monday to see if the baby's lungs were mature enough to induce. The lungs were NOT ready so they did not induce. My friend will be 36 weeks on Sunday. If you think of her, would you please say a prayer that the cord does not rupture and that the baby is born healthy and ALIVE? Thank you!

And back on the subject of travels... my husband was out of town on business for a few days and is currently on his way home! He just called to say he's almost here! Yaaaay! I just hate it when he's gone. I (we) miss him so much! Chicklet (3) at naptime was mumbling to herself and I overheard her saying, "Ooooh Daddy. Why are you not here? Why?" Poor little one! :( Made me so sad! She will be so happy tomorrow night when he comes home from work at normal time. It would have been nice if he could have gotten home in time to the kids goodnight tonight, but they kept him late so he didn't start for home until around 3:30pm. It's 9:30pm now.

Question of the week:
Do you have any recipes for elk and deer that would be good for someone who dislikes the flavor??????????? Lol! I used to like it but when I was pregnant with my Chicklet the smell made me get sick so now every time I taste or smell wild game I have the urge to hurl. Sorry, TMI! :p So if anyone has any recipes that disguise the flavor I would be eternally grateful! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I don't like the flavor of venison either. I try. I really do. Here is a link to a recipe I tried last week. I actually could eat the whole steak. That's saying a lot. My husband LOVED it, and I LIKED it. :) http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/main-courses/venison-scallopini/
    I also have put it in a crock pot with italian dressing, and that's ok at the end of the day too. I'm finding that italian dressing does a lot for masking the flavor and making it tender. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find using the ground in sauces like spaghetti or straganof helps to downplay to strong gamey taste.

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments! ♥ Please remember to mind your manners though. ;)