Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Crafty Saturday: Chicklet's birth afghan

I have been working on more leafy dishcloths this week so nothing new to post, so I thought I'd show you an old project of mine. :) This is my Chicklet's baby afghan that I crocheted for her. I used a pattern from the Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghans pattern book - I think that's what it was called. It's a wonderful pattern book if you're looking for baby blanket crochet patterns! I highly reccomend it!
I made Chicklet's blankie out of 100% cotton and it's a good thing I did because she was so sensitive to synthetic fibers the first couple years! This is the blankie she was wrapped in in the carseat on the way HOME from her birth! Aww sweet memories!


No it's not actually yellowed or stained, it's just a pic I took a long time ago in my old dark house and it didn't come out very good quality after being lightened and transferred to a photo hosting site. :p Sorry bout that.

5 comments:

  1. that is so very pretty.. you did a great job..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a comment on my "Treasure Chest"! Looking through your blog I can see you are a very talented crochet crafter; Chicklet's birth afghan is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments! ♥ Please remember to mind your manners though. ;)